5.08.2011

Mother's Day Off is a Treat!

Yes, according to my husband and our teenager, I actually got the day off today...I beg to differ, somewhat. I went to church this morning, sans family, so that was peaceful, but teared up during the service a couple of times...When I got home, family had vacuumed and shampooed the living room, dining room and hallway rugs...okay another point for me having a day "off". I went to make myself something to eat for lunch, was told emphatically "NO!" By the same teenager, who made me a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with just enough mustard added but way too many pickles, yuck! Then...
It came time to start prep for dinner....screeching halt, well almost. Hubby did cook steak, on the grill, in his usual way, "slightly" charred, while he was out side, I made a macaroni salad. We had a nice dinner at our "new" dining room table, which is actually over 25 years old, a great hand me down from my parents, that has so many scratches and dings, but has had so many family dinners, that doesn't matter...Then I was told to go and lay down and take a nap, which after all, everyone keeps saying that it is my day off, right...
So, I lock myself in my bedroom, after about 20 minutes, get situated and relaxed...then the screaming starts, and the hitting and the yelling and the slamming doors, and all of the other normal noises that occur daily in my house. I tried to ignore it, maybe drifted off for about 15 minutes, only to be awoken by more yelling and crying...
oh...and a full sink of dirty dishes! Who says that Mother's Day ends before dinner dishes are done? Not me, but I am outruled in my house, 4-1! Happy Mother's Day! As for the family...they may just be buttering their own toast in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment